Friday, July 08, 2011

Amish Circle Quilt Project - "Laundry"

Block #6 - "Laundry"

Started on 6/23/11
Completed on 6/23/11

Technique: Applique'

One of my favorite blocks! I thought this one was so cute and it made me very happy to create something I like so much.

Now, about laundry. It is one of those tasks that is never complete. Does that bother anyone else or is it just me? My personal preference is to wash all the dirty laundry and fold and hang it up all in one day. I rarely have an entire day to devote to laundry but when I do I feel like I really accomplish something.

I am quite thankful for my washer and dryer. I don't think I would enjoy hanging laundry out to dry on a line. I certainly wouldn't like the feel of line dried clothes. I remember Granny used to hang clothes up outside even after she had an automatic dryer. You won't find me doing that. As tired as I am after a day of laundry I can't imagine how much more work it would be if I had to plunge and scrub and wring out and hang up.

Father, help me complete my tasks for my family that are a labor of love with a cheerful heart. Thank You for giving me loved ones to take care of.

Blessings!

No comments: