Friday, April 26, 2013

Amish Circle Quilt #117 - "Double Nine-Patch"

Block # 117 -
"Double Nine-Patch"

Started on:
10-15-11

Completed on:
10-15-11

Technique:
Piecing

   The letter that goes with this block talks of the girls hand piecing blocks for quilts.  I have to admit that if I had to hand piece blocks, I probably wouldn't be so into quilting.

   Hand quilting, now I enjoy that although I have very limited experience.  I can't make myself take that long to complete a project.  I can get so much more done by machine quilting.

   However, I am seriously considering hand quilting my Dear Jane quilt that I recently started.  For some reason it feels like it would be paying homage to Jane and all of her hard work if I sacrificed the time it would take to hand quilt my version of her quilt.  We'll see.  

   I love my sewing machine and am happiest when I'm sitting there stitching.  So, to each her own.  We're all creating in our own special ways.

   Blessings y'all,
   Lesa

No comments: