Monday, April 15, 2013

Amish Circle Quilt Block #107 - "Nine-Patches Between Bars"

Block #107 - "Nine-Patches Between Bars"

Started: 10-6-11
Completed: 10-7-11

Technique: Paper Piecing and Regular Piecing

   The story with this quilt blocks talks of a mother passing away and leaving a quilt in the frame unfinished.

   The husband remarries and his new bride wishes to finish the quilt and set it aside for his young son to receive at a later time.

   What is it about quilts?  I don't understand my obsession in any way! Every time I sit down at my machine and begin stitching, I feel a strong connection to my grandmothers and the other women I've known and loved in my life.

   I love creating something as a gift.  It is a tangible, warm, hug of a gift that lets the recipient know that you cared enough to spend hours stitching and assembling something so lovely for them.

   And the life expectancy of a quilt ... it amazes me and warms my heart to see old, old, old quilts that have been preserved and have outlived their makers.  It gives me a thrill to think someone just might come across a quilt of mine someday and be amazed.

Blessings Y'all!
Lesa

No comments: