Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Amish Circle Quilt Block #108 - "Geese"

Block #108 - "Geese"

Started: 8-26-11
Completed: 9-4-11

Technique: Raw Edge Applique'


   I love my sweet little geese.  Mark and I have a long history of geese hunting.  Not the typical with a gun / blow them away kind of hunting.  We have sought out geese and fed them crackers and bread all over the country!

   Now, I'm not crazy about geese flocking toward me or treating me with any type of aggression.  That is so not cool.  And I'm not fond of their honking sounds.  But I love to watch them and I love to feed them so I guess it all evens out.

   Our friend, Paul Fagala, is a total bird geek.  He was the one who originally corrected us calling Canada Geese, Canadian Geese.  There's a difference.  I don't get what it is of course, but it exists.  So in an effort to appear more intellectually sound than I actually am, I now call them Canada Geese.  For all I know it was a hoax on Paul's part to get Mark and I sounding silly.  That sounds more like Paul than teaching us the real name.  Hmmmmm.

   Take a few minutes to stop and smell the gee ... wait, strike that.  Take a moment to stop and look up at the sky and thank God for the beauty of His geese (Canada ones or Canadian ones).  Just don't stand right under them to look up.

Blessings y'all,
Lesa

No comments: