Friday, April 19, 2013

Dear Jane Journey Post 5

I didn't get a lot done today but I did finish piecing the last block of Row A.  (Just have to finish hand applique' on two blocks and then I can declare the row complete!)

Block A-13 - "Starlight - Starbright"


I started off by drafting this block myself.  I didn't read of any other assembly processes that floated my boat so I decided I needed to change it up and do it my own way!

I copied the draft onto foundation piecing paper.  (Sorry it is so faint.  I drafted in pencil and so the copy is very light.)  And then I cut it into the sections you see below.



I then paper pieced each section leaving a 1/4" seam allowance all the way around.  Then I simply pieced the seven sections together to create the block.  This is another one I am particularly pleased with!


Doing it this way does cause the block to end up with a few additional seams.  This has been bothering me a little until today.  I had an epiphany.  I figure that Lady Jane would have made these blocks in the best / easiest way she possibly could based on her knowledge, tools, and equipment.  And since I'm not trying to perfectly replicate her work, making the blocks the best way I know how is my goal too!

Blessings y'all,
Lesa-Jane, 11 blocks, 0 triangles, 301 pieces


No comments: