Block A-13 - "Starlight - Starbright"
I started off by drafting this block myself. I didn't read of any other assembly processes that floated my boat so I decided I needed to change it up and do it my own way!
I copied the draft onto foundation piecing paper. (Sorry it is so faint. I drafted in pencil and so the copy is very light.) And then I cut it into the sections you see below.
I then paper pieced each section leaving a 1/4" seam allowance all the way around. Then I simply pieced the seven sections together to create the block. This is another one I am particularly pleased with!
Doing it this way does cause the block to end up with a few additional seams. This has been bothering me a little until today. I had an epiphany. I figure that Lady Jane would have made these blocks in the best / easiest way she possibly could based on her knowledge, tools, and equipment. And since I'm not trying to perfectly replicate her work, making the blocks the best way I know how is my goal too!
Lesa-Jane, 11 blocks, 0 triangles, 301 pieces