Sunday, April 21, 2013

Amish Circle Quilt Block #113 - "Double Pinwheels"

Block # 113 -
"Double Pinwheels"

Started on:
10-14-11

Completed on:
10-14-11

Technique:
Paper Piecing

   If I remember correctly, I paper pieced this in four sections then assembled them as you would a four patch.  Pretty cool little block.  When I started this project, I had no idea how to do paper piecing.  With some instructions on-line (and super support from the Author of this book, Rosemary Youngs) I taught myself how to paper piece.  I still get turned around with pieces with weird angles sometimes, but overall,  I think I've got it going on.

   And while I like doing a block here or a block there by paper piecing, I'm not sure I'm in love enough with the process to do a whole quilt with this method.  I think I would get bored and not enjoy doing the same piece over and over!

   I've decided that if we ever build on own house, my quilt room is going to be off the master bedroom.  There are some nights when my mind is reeling with ideas I want to try or start and if my quilt room was closer I would spend more time in there.  (I'm up most of the time anyway!)

   Blessings y'all,
   Lesa

No comments: