Plugging away at my Dear Jane Quilt! Today I bought my favorite hand quilting / sewing threads (Gutermann hand quilting cotton) to match my selected fabrics. Actually, I bought YLI for the chocolate colored fabric because my shop didn't have a Gutermann to match close enough.
I only completed two blocks today. One was paper pieced with a couple of angles that irked me. The other has shapes I had to finagle. Luckily the beans in the crock pot took a long time to cook and I got to plow my way through these.
So I completed one block and progressed another all the way to the hand applique' stage today. (I have no illusions of sewing on these everyday. I've just been lucky this week.
Block A-9 - "Cabin Fever"
I paper pieced this block. My brain is not wired to properly align fabric over pieces with angles and have them line up over the part they are supposed to be over. I ripped stitch lines more than once and ended up basically remaking the bottom or top row one. There is also an extra seam of background fabric in one border as I was too lazy to redo it and just added another piece of fabric. That'll be our little secret.
I can't wait to explain how I did A-10, but I will until I get the applique' pieces stitched in place.
I did complete the applique' on A-3 today but I don't have a picture of it yet so it will have to wait too. If you stumble across my blog while researching Dear Jane, please let me know if you are working on a Dear Jane quilt yourself or are thinking of making one!
Lesa-Jane, 7 blocks, 0 triangles, 180 pieces