Sunday, April 14, 2013

Amish Circle Quilt Block #106 - "Cellar"

Block # 106 - "Cellar"

Started on 8/25/11

Completed on 9/4/11

Technique: Raw Edge Applique' and Regular piecing

This is such a cute block.  It was really fun to make.  (Yes, I remember even though it was almost 2 years ago.)

I am going to try really hard to finish this blog series but I'm going to be starting a new one as well.

For anyone who had been following this quilt journey, sorry for my long absence here.  I've been stitching a bunch but haven't made progress on assembling this quilt top.  I have all of the sashing but and the strips cut for the cornerstones.  I just have so many projects in progress!!

This block represents canned / jarred goods kept in the cellar of an Amish home.  Makes me realize I have never canned a single thing.  I know my grandparents grew up doing that.  I'm pretty sure my mom hasn't canned anything.  Perhaps it is a relic of a practice that died out generations ago.  Unfortunately, as long as I have a Safeway to run to, I'm not feeling the love toward canning my own goods.

I have started making my own taco seasoning.  Does that count?

Blessings y'all!
Lesa

1 comment:

Rosemary Youngs said...

I was so excited to see your post today, I hope that all is well. I have missed your blog posts. You're almost finished with your Amish Circle, that is so wonderful. I hope you have an awesome time working on your dear Jane, if you have a questions let me know as I have made two of them.