Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dear Jane Journey Post 6

   Greetings cyber sphere.  I didn't post yesterday mostly because I didn't complete any blocks but also because I was too tired last night to offer a report.  While I didn't complete blocks, I did get two more ready for hand applique'ing, B-1 and B-2.

Today, I finally finished the applique' on:
Block A-7 - "Dad's Plaids"


I pieced the four patch together and then added the applique'.  These applique' pieces were made as I described in a previous post using fusible interfacing on the back.  I'm getting better at stitching them on.  I'm the first to admit that I need to spend some more time practicing needle-turn applique' and reverse applique' so I can implement those techniques.  But I'm so into working through these blocks that it is hard to switch gears to a training mode of sorts.

Today I also completed:
Block B-3 - "Mirror Image"


I followed the method described on That Quilt blog I think.  I traced the pieces onto freezer paper.  I ironed the freezer paper onto the wrong side of the fabrics.  I cut the pieces out leaving 1/4" seam all the way around every piece.  I sewed them together after clipping the curves of the corner pieces and pinning around the two curved pieces I was attaching.  I was shocked at how well it turned out and luckily it was just a smidgen too big so I trimmed it down to 5" and danced a jig of glee.

Then I completed:
Block B-4 - "Chris's Soccer Field


This one was completely paper pieced.  It was to be green per the pattern I'm making and I think that was quite the perfect color for anyone's soccer field.

I am not exactly eager to start B-5 but I will.  Tomorrow probably.

Blessings y'all,
Lesa-Jane, 14 blocks, 0 triangles, 338 pieces

No comments: