Thursday, April 25, 2013

Amish Circle Quilt Block #116 - "Roadside Stand"

Block # 116 -
"Roadside Stand"

Started on:
9-3-11

Competed on:
9-17-11

Technique:
Raw Edge Applique'

   I love these highly detailed applique' blocks.  They are filled with personality and a bit of whimsy thrown in for good measure.

   If I was Amish, I think I would be one of the women who run a roadside stand.  As previously established I probably wouldn't have great produce to sell, but baked foods, crafted items and homemade gifts?  I could certainly make a go of it with such products!

   I wish there was an Amish community closer to me.  The nearest one is about 4 hours away but it is very small still and I've never noticed such stands around there.

   I long to write letters to an Amish woman of my age.  I'd like to tell her about my life and learn about hers.  I'd like to share secrets and recipes and discuss our faith.  I'd like to weigh all of our differences and discover in what ways we are alike.

   There is a blogger out there who actually makes fun of those of us who would like an Amish pen pal of sorts.  I liked that person and their blog until I read their thoughts on that.  I guess if I had visited with Amish people all over the country and had many Amish friends, I could make fun of others who wished they had similar opportunities.  But then, I'm not a jerk!  So, I wouldn't.

   I hope your day is filled with peace and I hope your little corner of the world is sunshiney and blissful today!

   Blessings y'all,
   Lesa

No comments: